Clarifications Regarding CAT 2008 Eligibility

The eligibility criteria for CAT 2008 are given here. Please make sure you have read the criteria before applying.
Click here or image TO Enlarge
Clarifications Regarding CAT 2008 Eligibility

Related Posts by Categories


Anonymous said...

may i know the source of this article??it would really help if this article as well as the source is hard feelings though... :-)

Anuj Kothari said...

Hey guys it admin.
We dont make these documents at home.
Source of this is from official site for CAT

SEALANI said...

Hello I have this problem that my aggregate% after completing graduation is 49.4% and i wish to appear for improvement next year.Am i eligible for cat this year?
Also if I am eligible what documents would i need to attach with CAF

Anuj Kothari said...

@ sealani
If you have read the document carefully you should know that it is the final marks which are counted and not the aggregate.
If you have 50% in final exam of Degree then you are eligible for the CAT Examination.
If you have failed in one subject the marks for that subject are not counted and you are expected to give that subject exam again.
As per the documents to be submitted with CAF , they are clearly mentioned in the brochure.

Anonymous said...

Sir, could you please tell me whether i will be eligible for the cat this year if i have failed in 1 paper but have got an aggregate above 50%. i am right now in my final year of (St.Xavier's college, Kolkata)

Anuj Kothari said...

yes you are eligible
but you are expected clear the exam next time

Anonymous said...

Please tell me the appropriate way of presenting the required documents,as I will give improvement-
1)should I attach a photocopy of the form of improvement
2)The bonafide issued by my college does not cetifies my improvement status.How to go about it
PLease help

Anuj Kothari said...

The way of presenting the required documents is given in the brochure.
Generally photocopies have to be attested and the brochure should tell exactly what and how to do.
The college may not change the pattern of their documents for any further exams so you can do two things.
1. Ask any seniors from your college who have completed these procedures before.
2. Easiest options would be to consult the placement cell or the Communication and literature related Lecturers about the way ahead. They are the ones who help in making documents like resume and guidance also.
Good Luck

shikha said...

hello anuj!

i am really confused about as to what document i shuld send along the caf.....

i have completed my graduation and have my provisional certificate stating that i have earned required credits to earn my degree!
i have also taken a no objection certificate from my college stating dat i have secured 50% maks in 1st to 5th semester.
my trouble is our university hasnt issued us a detailed marksheet of all the semesters......
but i have a seperate marksheet of each semester!
so if i send my provisional certificate along with the no objection certificate that i have and the 6th semester marksheet, do u think i will face ny trbl regarding my eligibility for appearing for cat????
coz then to prove my result in 1st fiv semesters i have the no objection certificate and to prove my last sem result i'll send the copy of 6th sems result!
plz reply as soon as possible

Anuj Kothari said...

From The Bulletin:
"Enclose with the Application Form- (a) 3rd copy of Bank’s/IIM’s Pay-in-Slip, (b) A copy of Bachelor’s degree certificate/provisional certificate if your degree education has been completed, or a certificate from the college/institution in the proforma given in this bulletin in Table 6 that you are in the final year or have completed the final year but are awaiting results, and have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/PWD category candidates) (c) A copy of mark sheet indicating percentage marks scored in graduation if your degree education has been completed, or the latest available mark sheet in case you are in the final year or have completed final year but are awaiting results, (d) Copy of OBC/SC/ST and/or Disability Certificate, if applicable, and (e) One additional copy of the photograph with your name and CAT Application Form Number written at the back. Failure to enclose the above will result in the rejection of your Application. Please write your Application Form number on the documents mentioned in (a), (b), (c) and (d)."

Shikha i think your problem would have been cleared if you had read this properly in the Bulletin.
If you are in final year you only need latest result not all.
Good Luck.

Engineering News

Central Board of Secondary Education

Architecture News

Management News

Medical News

Journalism News