GOVERNMENT OF KERALA
Higher Education – Admission to Professional Degree Courses for the year 2007-08 in the Self-financing Professional Colleges – allotment of seats by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations – modified – orders issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (G) DEPARTMENT
G.O (Ms) No.109 /2007/H.Edn Dated, Thiruvananthapuram. 10-08-2007.
Read :- 1) GO (Ms) No. 97/2007/H.Edn dated 9/7/2007.
2) GO (Ms) No. 103/2007/H.Edn dated 23/7/2007.
3) GO (Rt) No. 1319/2007/H.Edn dated 9/7/2007.
4) GO (Rt) No. 1320/2007/H.Edn dated 9/7/2007.
5) GO (Rt) No. 1400/2007/H.Edn dated 23/7/2007.
6) GO (Rt) No. 1401/2007/H.Edn dated 23/7/2007.
7) Letter No. CEE/2593/06/TA(1) dated 9/8/2007 from the Commissioner for Entrance
In view of Orders of the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala in various Writ Petitions in connection with the admission to the Professional Degree Courses for the year 2007–08 in the Private Self-financing Professional Colleges, the seat distribution pattern for 50% of the seats surrendered to Government in Private Self-financing Colleges (except for those institutions with Minority status / institutions under Muslim Educational Society) and 50% of the seats to be allotted by the Government in Govt. Sponsored Self financing Colleges /Self financing Colleges run by Universities will be as follows:
(I) General Merit - - - - - 65%
(II) Socially & Educationally Backward Communities - 25%
(a) Ezhava (EZ) - - - 9%
(b) Muslim (MU) - - - 8%
(c) Other Backward Hindu (BH) - 5%
(d) Latin Catholic other than Anglo Indian (LC) 2%
(e) Other Backward Christian (BX) - 1%
(III) Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe - - - 10%
(a) Scheduled Caste (SC) - - - 8%
(b) Scheduled Tribe (ST) - - - 2%
2. In case of Private Self-financing institutions recognised as ‘Minority Institutions’ and institutions under Muslim Educational Society, 10% of the total seats is earmarked for allotment from among the members belonging to the Minority Community which runs the college, on the basis of merit. Allotment will be made after getting Community Certificates from the eligible candidates. In such institutions, the remaining 40% of the seats will be allotted by the Government as per the pattern of distribution mentioned in the first paragraph above.
3. The fee / caution deposit applicable to the 50% of the seats surrendered by the Private Self-financing Managements to Government is fixed as the Scholarship fee / the fee approved by the Fee Regulatory Committee and the Fee/ Caution deposit applicable to the 50% Government seats available in Government Sponsored Self- financing Colleges / Self-financing
Colleges run by Universities is fixed as fee applicable in Government Colleges. The fee applicable to 35% Management seats in Government Sponsored Self-financing Colleges / Self-financing Colleges run by Universities is fixed as the fee as fixed by the Fee Regulatory Committee.
4. The candidates getting allotment are liable to execute a bond agreeing to remit higher fee, if any, to be fixed on the basis of orders of the Hon’ble High Court or any competent authority. The Managements shall also execute a Bond in favour of the students to the effect that they will refund excess fee, if any, collected from them, on the basis of the orders of the Hon’ble High Court or any competent authority.
5. The following number of seats is reserved as "Special Reservation Seats" in Government Sponsored Self financing Engineering Colleges:-
Number of seats
Serving Defence personnel
Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed/Missed/Disabled in action
6. The list of Private Self-financing Colleges and the list of colleges having minority benefits and the community of the candidates eligible to be considered for allotment is appended as Annexure-I.
7. The schedule for allotment to Professional Degree Courses for the year 2007–08 is appended as Annexure-II.
By Order of the Governor
P. J. THOMAS
Additional Chief Secretary to Govt
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram.
The Director of Technical Education, Thiruvananthapuram.
The Director of Medical Education, Thiruvananthapuram.
The Accountant General (A&E) (Audit), Thiruvananthapuram.
The Director of IHRD, Thiruvananthapuram
The Director of LBS, Thiruvananthapuram
The Director CAPE, Thiruvananthapuram
The Director Center for Continuing Education, Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
The Managing Director, KSRTC, Thiruvananthapuram
The Director, Ayurveda Medical Education, Thiruvananthapuram
The Director, Collegiate Education, Thiruvananthapuram
The Director, Health Services, Thiruvananthapuram
The Registrar, Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council, Thiruvananthapuram
The Manager, Justice PA Mohammed Committee, Old High Court Building, Ernakulam
Copy to: The Health & Family Welfare Department
The Co-operation Department
The Higher Education (J) Department
The SC/ST Development Department
The Transport Department
Stock File / Office Copy
Forwarded / By Order
Sd/- SECTION OFFICER
Annexure - I
The list of Private Self-financing Professional Colleges
Private Self-financing Engineering Colleges
Private Self-financing Professional Colleges having Minority benefits
Name of institution having Minority benefit
Name of Community
Dr Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College, Karakonam
SIUC – SKD
SC converted to Christianity SIUC - SKD
MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna
MES College of Engineering, Kuttippuram
REVISED SCHEDULE FOR THE ALLOTMENT TO PROFESSIONAL DEGREE COURSES -2007
Opening of the option registration facility
Publishing of First Trial Allotment based on options registered as on 19.08.2007, 5pm.
Publishing of Second Trial Allotment based on options registered as on 23.08.2007, 5pm.
Closing of option registration
04.09.2007 to 06.09.2007
Candidates allotted to Medical / B.Pharm/ Engineering and Architecture courses have to remit Fee /Caution Deposit at selected branches of Canara Bank.
Colleges to download the list of candidates allotted from the Website
10.09.2007 to 12.09.2007
Admission to Medical / B.Pharm/ Engineering and Architecture courses.
Colleges to furnish Non-Joining Reports through Website
Classes to begin for Medical / B.Pharm/ Engineering and Architecture courses.
07.09.2007 to 13.09.2007(5pm)
Candidates may re-arrange their Higher Order Options/include options to new College/Course if announced after the first allotment/delete higher order options
19.09.2007 to 20.09.2007
Candidates have to remit Fee /Caution Deposit at selected branches of Canara Bank.
Colleges to down load the list of allotted/relived candidates from the Website.
24.09.2007 to 25.09.2007
Admission to various courses in the College.
Last date for furnishing the Non-joining reports by the Colleges through Website.